This heart is not
a summer field
and yet...
how dense love's foliage
has grown.
-- Izumi Shikibu
Oh and another one!!
I love you,
Not only for what you are,
But for what i am
When i am with you.
I love you,
Not only for what
You have made yourself,
But for what
You are making of me.
I love you
For that part of me
That you bring out;
I love you
For putting your hand
Into my heaped-up heart
And passing over
All the foolish, weak things
That you can't help
Dimly seeing there,
And for drawing out
Into the light
All the beautiful belongings
That no one else had looked
Quite far enough to find.
I love because you
Are helping me to make
Of the lumber of my life
Not a taven
But a temple;
Out of the works
Of my every day
Not a reproach
But a song.
I love you
Because you have done
More than any creed
Could have done
To make me good,
And more than any fate
Could have done
To make me happy.
You have done it
Without a touch,
Without a word,
Without a sign.
You have done it
By being yourself.
Perhaps that is what
Being a friend meann,
After all.
-- Roy Croft
Makes me wanna cry a little. I think i like the second one best. Yep, my friends are the one who make me the happiest, and make me the saddest too! But these are the feelings i will always cherish. Er makes sense? Aiya, odd. Just feeling a bit.. feelish today. Like feeling a lot. NOT emo, just... okay maybe emo. -.- But emo-ly good. Haha Not the suicidal emo kind. Haha
Thank you for being a friend to me =) And thank you for loving me too! Unless you don't... but if i say you're my friend, i probably love you, so i'll have enough love for the both of us =)
The best friend anyone can have is still the Lord though. He's the life of my life. No one can make me real sad without His permission! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment